Ex Cellars Wine
The term "Ex Cellars" means that the wines are currently stored at the Chateau / Winery and are bottled ready to be shipped. Prices shown include transportation from the Chateau into Bond (approved by HM Customs & Excise). If taken out of bond you will be charged for Duty and VAT as well as delivery/transfer charges.
You can tell whether a wine is Ex Cellars as it has EC in the right hand side of the wines listed in our wine list.
Purchasing wines Ex Cellars from BCFW
Most Ex cellars wines will be shipped from Country of origin into Bond unless they are for current drinking then we will ship the wine duty paid into the UK. All wines are shipped under our own insurance policy.
Releasing Wines from In Bond
Please allow at least ten days to allow us to arrange for the wines to be released from In Bond and delivery to be made. Payment for the wine and the Duty/VAT, delivery and or transfer charges will need to be made before the wine is delivered. Please note delivery charges from bond are charged at cost depending upon your postcode and the number of cases being delivered. Contact the office for a quote.
Why buy wines Ex Cellars?
There are a number of advantages to buying wines ex cellars –
- We often buy parcels of Ex Cellar stock which has been lying in the Chateau and was not released druing En Primeur. Many Chateaux have stocks of previous vintages. We are sometimes fortunate to be able to buy these parcels of wines direct from the Chateau and you as one of our customers can have the opportunity to buy direct with us.
- Investment wines going into Bond. The Duty and VAT payments are deferred, should you choose to sell the wine In Bond at a later date these payments will not be incurred. So saving 20% VAT and the current Duty payments.
- It's normally about 10% cheaper than buying the wines when they become physical on the UK market.
- Guaranteed stock. The majority of Ex Cellar wines in a good year will be all sold before the wines are shipped to the UK market.
BCFW In Bond and Duty Paid Storage Costs
We store wines both In Bond and Duty Paid (out of Bond). Please click here for full details of our BCFW Storage Services.
What is the final cost?
If taking the wine out of Bond you need to add the cost of Duty, VAT and delivery/transfer (where appropriate). For current delivery rates from bond please contact the office and have your postcode to hand for us to provide a full quote.
- Still Wine (5.5 to 15% alcohol)
£2.00 per 75cl bottle / £24.00 per standard case or volume (12 x 75cl or 9 litres)
- Sparkling Wine / Champagne (up to 15% alcohol)
£2.56 per 75cl bottle / £30.74 per standard case or volume (12 x 75cl or 9 litres)
- Port/Fortified Wine (15 to 22% alcohol)
£2.66 per 75cl bottle / £32.00 per standard case or volume (12 x 75cl or 9 litres)
UK VAT & DUTY RATES
Currently stands at 20%. VAT is charged on the current UK Duty rate. Duty and VAT rates are subject to change by the UK government.
*All charges are subject to change by the government at any time, above charges as of Monday 25th March 2013.